Scholarship Application Instructions
Thanks to our generous donors and sponsors, we are are able to provide scholarships to a limited number of deserving teens who do not have the financial means to attend this class. If you know of a teen who deserves this opportunity, NOW is your chance to step up and take action!
Nominate a teen in your life who is open, ready and eager to grow as outlined below:
- Have a desire to attend U the Teen Leader.
- Be between 14 and 18 years of age, enrolled in high school or ready to begin the first year of college. (Proof of age and school status may be required.)
- Provide name, email, phone, age and last year of school completed.
- Provide name, email and phone of parent or guardian.
- Be available August 11 at 5:00 p.m. through Sunday, August 13 at 3:00 p.m. Overnight hotel stay required at our training base in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Provide a short paragraph about why he or she wants to complete this class.
Write an essay of 500 words or less answering the following three questions:
- Why did you choose this teen for U the Teen Leader?
- How do you think this teen will pay it forward in life?
- How will you support this teen after graduation to keep his or her training alive?
- Why would tuition for this class be a financial hardship for you, the potential student or the family of the student?
Email nominee information and essays to:
- Subject line: "U the Teen Leader Scholarship Nominee"
- Deadline to submit: Midnight, June 30, 2017 (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Failure to include all of the above information may disqualify applicant from consideration.
- Voting committee will not have access to the applicant's name or personal information.
- Winning recipients will be selected from qualified applications and based on essay submissions.
- Winning recipients will be notified via email and/or phone by July 17, 2017.